Stress raises the levels of cortisol and adrenaline and negatively affects heart health. Do you have an effective routine for stress reduction?
Here are some ways to keep your stress levels at bay:
- Exercise. Exercise prompts the release of endorphins, the so-called happy hormone, which can gives you a feeling of well-being. Even a brisk walk around the office can make bring about a positive change!
- Laughter. Laughter is another way to get more endorphins at the expense of the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline.
- Deep breathing. Deep breathing reduces stress and helps you take control of the present and reduce your sense of feeling overwhelmed. Breathe in deeply counting slowly to six, and then breathe out the same way.
- Talking to friends.
- Listening to relaxing music.
- Self-appreciation. For all you perfectionists out there, remember that being too hard on oneself is stressful and counter-productive! So, don’t forget to appreciate yourself today.
Book an appointment for a call https://myhealthypotential.com/bookmein/ to discuss your stress, health health, and other risk factors.